On March 22 Calvin held its second annual State of the College assembly. The night is designed to share with all stakeholders the progress on our five-year strategic plan and maintain constituents up to date on what is going on in school. Though a variety of you attended and all of you might be inspired to attend sooner or later, I believed I might share just a few bullet highlights of what was shared that night.
- The college funds are in glorious situation. The whole debt has been diminished to lower than $300,000 and a balanced funds is being proposed for subsequent yr.
- The proposed tuition improve for 2012/2013 of three.8% is the bottom in eight years.
- New curriculum adjustments within the elementary faculty embrace Singapore Math and including second grade to the Spanish language program.
- Highschool college students can have choices to take on-line elective lessons in the course of the 2012/2013 faculty yr. Calvin will likely be partnering with Christian Colleges Worldwide to supply these lessons which have a Biblical worldview all through.
- The annual fall drive was an enormous motive this yr’s funds will seemingly stability regardless of a projected shortfall. Almost $280,000 was raised.
- Calvin once more acquired the utmost 6-year accreditation from WASC (Western Affiliation of Colleges and Faculties).
- Service studying has expanded in all grades and is now extra intentional and embedded within the curriculum.
- The profitable work of our new Director of Enrollment was highlighted. We’re anticipating a rise in enrollment for the 2012/2013 faculty yr.
Don’t neglect the Dutch Competition is scheduled for April 21, 2012 on the jr. excessive/highschool campus!