This podcast is Element two of my largest regrets more than the final 40 years of my leadership. I total the list that I started final week. This has been a sobering method for me – deleting some, adding other individuals, digging up a 1 or two painful ones that I preferred to bury, and then realizing they as well deserved to make the list.
The early church fathers viewed as the most valuable present, or charism, in the church to be discretion (i.e. discernment). They understood that with no discretion, we are risky – speaking as well freely, providing people today burdens they can’t bear, and supplying superficial spiritual counsel. Reflecting on our blunders and regrets can be a present if we understand from them.
In Element 1 of My Most significant Regrets I shared my major 4:
1. Not understanding dual relationships and energy
two. Impatience and rushing in creating important choices
three. Not top (or listening to God) out of our marriage the very first nine years
four. Not functioning much less, resting far more, and providing away responsibilities earlier
This week, in Element Two, I speak about my final six:
- Not redefining accomplishment clearly and early adequate
- Not moving to group preaching earlier
- Not creating tricky, but suitable choices simply because of worry.
- Not placing my loved ones very first ahead of the church
- Not creating 360’s into our leadership culture – beginning with me
- Not creating deeper silence into my life earlier
I pray this podcast encourages you on your leadership journey to listen far more closely to God and, in so carrying out, mature into a sensible, discrete (discerning) leader.