God came to Earth 2000 years ago to seek and save what was lost—you and me.
Have you ever lost a thing that you nonetheless want to this day you hadn’t?
This week, our inventive group at FP treated us to a excellent presentation of the gospel. Possibly this is just an old story that you have heard extra instances than you can keep in mind, or possibly Christmas is a just a household tradition passed down in your household for generations. For some, this season is merely a time of the year when we all attempt to be a small far better to each and every other. But we think Christmas is a small bit extra. We think that 2000 years ago, God seriously did come to Earth in the most scandalous way to seek and save what was lost—you and me. At Faith Guarantee, we are all about assisting genuine men and women with genuine difficulties uncover the genuine adore of Jesus Christ. We think that only Jesus’ adore can satisfy our souls and our longings to belong. We think His forgiveness and grace are the only remedy for shame and guilt. And we think His sacrifice, death, and resurrection are the only way to accurate and lasting hope. God is the God of of new beginnings with whom will you share the great news of Jesus Christ?
Principal Scripture: Matthew two:1-12
- Go over the distinctive players in this passage and their respective responses to the birth of Jesus.
- How do men and women nowadays respond to Jesus? What is your response? As Christ followers, how are we to interact with unbelievers?
- What do you understand about worship from the Magi?
- The Christmas story is not about presents it is about the ever-present God with us: Immanuel. Study John 14:16-17. Not only is God with us, but He is also in us. How will you devote your time this Christmas season in concentrated and prayerful worship of the Savior? What 1 factor can you do this week to make confident you connect with God?
Discovery Bible System:
For deeper study, as an option to the concerns above, study Matthew two:1-12 and use the Discovery Bible System to discover a how Christ followers are to comply with and worship Jesus.
Embrace Other individuals
Suggestion: Contemplate breaking the group into dyads or triads for this section.
This week, our concentrate was the incredible present of Jesus. In compact groups of two or three, talk about and encourage 1 one more on how following and worshiping Jesus is the only lasting supply of hope and satisfaction.
Engage the Planet About Us
Engaging at Faith Guarantee: Romans 12:1 exhorts believers in this way: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer you your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God–this is your accurate and suitable worship.” Pray as a group to discover strategies you can step out in faith as God calls you to serve our church household as an act of worship.
Engaging in Neighborhood and in the Planet: God known as each and every of us out of darkness and saved us by providing us the present of faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. How will you share the Very good News of Jesus Christ to a hurting and dying planet? Step out in faith and share the only lasting supply of hope and satisfaction.
Expand God’s Kingdom
William Booth (1829-1912), the founder of the Salvation Army, predicted: “The chief danger that confronts the coming century will be religion with out the Holy Ghost, Christianity with out Christ, forgiveness with out repentance, salvation with out regeneration, politics with out God, heaven with out hell.” How will you step out in faith, humility and compassion and share the truth of the gospel—the great news identified only in Jesus Christ?
- Magi: wanted to worship the King of the Jews. Herod: disturbed asked scholars exactly where the Christ was to be born claimed (but lied) that he wanted to worship the Christ. “All Jerusalem”: disturbed but indifferent (Bethlehem is only six miles from Jerusalem!) did not seek Jesus. Scribes: also indifferent but filled with know-how did not seek Jesus.
- Several are disturbed, even some are outright hostile towards Him. Christ followers are to adore our enemies. We are to stand courageously for biblical truth nonetheless, we need to do so with gracious compassion. We are not to condemn other people that do not reside according to the Bible, but we are to intercede for them and ask Jesus to give us His heart for them. When we have established a partnership with other people, we are in a position to engage them and lead them to Christ.
- They had been purposeful and the 1st to worship Christ. They traveled several miles and dropped every thing to uncover Jesus. They had been overjoyed, bowed down in worship and gave Him their most expensive possessions. Immediately after their encounter with Him, they left a distinctive way. Jesus is worthy of our all, our total submission and praise, regardless of our situations. This is our supply of lasting and pure joy. Whoever encounters Jesus under no circumstances leaves the similar. They are a new creation! Accurate encounters with Jesus adjust the course and path of our lives.
- Answers will differ.
ALL groups at Faith Guarantee really should comply with Jesus Christ and lead other people to do the similar. Beneath are the marks of a developing follower and disciple of Jesus.
– A follower of Jesus desires to encounter God by way of the deeper study and application of God’s Word.
– A follower of Jesus embraces men and women and values relationships on a deeper level so everybody can develop collectively.
– A follower of Jesus engages and serves the planet about them and in their neighborhood, by way of regional partners or God-directed possibilities.
– A follower of Jesus expands God’s Kingdom by way of improvement and multiplication of disciple-makers, possibly to lead extra groups at Faith Guarantee.