According to Scripture, the greatest religious leader in history – the Antichrist’s right hand man (a.k.a. the False Prophet) – will arise from Rome to force humanity to worship the Antichrist and deceive countless people near the time of Christ’s return.
The false prophet is the leader of the false church (“the harlot”) in Revelation 17:1-5, and there is strong evidence that this false church is the Roman Catholic Church (see here). Thus, it is highly likely that the pope in charge of the Catholic Church at the end is the false prophet who works with the Antichrist throughout the tribulation period.
From a prophetic stand point, out of all the popes who have come and gone in the past century, Jorge Mario Bergoglio (a.k.a. Pope Francis), who became pope of the Catholic Church on the 13th of March, 2013, has accomplished more in the last two years than all these popes combined! Pope Francis even comes close to “filling the bill” on the False Prophet…
1. The false prophet promotes the worship of Antichrist (Revelation 13:12). So, it is likely the false prophet will be a leading religious figure, prior to the rapture, in order to ensure a global following for an Antichrist “declaring himself god” (2 Thessalonians 2:4). Not only is Pope Francis the top religious figure, but he is also more popular than any political world leader, according to a recent poll. Pope Francis holds the record for amassing one million followers on Instagram in the shortest amount of time (under 12 hours), and is one of the most influential world leaders on Twitter, followed by more than 40 million accounts! Pope Francis also rules over half of what is called Christendom with its 1.3 billion Roman Catholics! The pope is positioned better than anyone on the scene to fulfill this prophecy.
|Pope Francis has his picture taken inside St. Peter’s Basilica with youth from the Italian Diocese of Piacenza and Bobbio on Aug. 28, 2013.|
2. The false prophet sets up a “living” image (statue) of the Antichrist that must be worshiped (Revelation 13:14-15). Pope Francis is already beginning to prepare people of the world to worship image figures of living men. On April 16, 2017, a wax image figure of Pope Francis was set up for an Easter Mass (see video below). The statue was afterward transferred to the Petrópolis Wax Museum, where it is on permanent display.
The Roman Catholic Church has always used idolatry as a means of deception and have been making images for people to worship for many centuries. Thus, is it really any wonder that Pope Francis and the Catholic Church are starting to use wax figurines to deceive their flock?
There is also speculation about whether this “image of the beast” (Rev 13:15) is going to be an Artificial Intelligence (AI) robot (see here), and interestingly, Pope Francis is very up to date on AI! Pope Francis has attended many technology conferences on the topic of AI and even mentioned it at this year’s World Economic Forum, which many news reports admitted was “an unusual topic for a pontiff”. Could Pope Francis be preparing for the creation of a future AI robot in the likeness of the Antichrist?
|Pope Francis performs ‘half-miracle’|
3. The false prophet will show his power by performing great deceptive miracles (Revelation 13:13-14). Performing miracles is nothing new to Pope Francis. Pope Francis is credited with many healing miracles (see: Families speak on stories of Pope Francis’ healing powers) and has already performed one miracle in which he turned dried blood into liquid (see here).
Interestingly, when Pope Francis visited the United States, the liberal press admired the Pope for his alleged power over the elements. The Daily Mail Online heralded the “dozens of ‘rainbows’ seen in Central Park as people waited for the Pope.” Fox News’ Shepard Smith even found it interesting that New York should have already been in the throes of Autumn, but for the Pope’s visit summer was still there and the trees were still green. The false prophet is going to manipulate the elements (Rev 13:13)!
4. The false prophet will force mankind to receive the “mark of the beast” (Revelation 13:16-17). Many Evangelicals, Fundamentalists and Catholics believe that RFID implants are the “mark of the beast” and are thus outraged by the technology. Yet, in a controversial move by the Catholic church, Pope Francis has come out in vocal support of RFID Chip technologies and the extraordinary potential they hold for mankind (see here)! Francis said:
“We have examined the scriptures thoroughly, and I can conclusively say that there’s nothing to indicate that RFID Chips are Satanic in anyway. If anything, these devices are a blessing from God himself, bestowed upon humanity to solve many of the world’s ills.”
In addition, Pope Francis’ private meetings with tech giants including: Apple CEO Tim Cook, former Google CEO and Alphabet executive chairman Eric Schmidt, Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom, and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, makes you wonder… Could Pope Francis be preparing for the implementation of the “mark of the beast” in America and around the world? (Note: Apple, Google and Facebook are part of five American Tech companies that dominate and control every of the digital life of an individual). See: Wait, Why Are Apple and Google Execs Meeting With the Pope?
|Mark Zuckerberg meets with Pope Francis|
5. The false prophet, along with the Antichrist, will promote and enforce a totalitarian world government, a global economic system, and a universal religion (Revelation 13:12). Ever since the very beginning of his papacy, Pope Francis has been pushing for global unity in religious matters (see here), global unity in economic matters (see here) and global unity in political matters (calling for a “one world government” and a new “global political authority” (see here and here)).
Interestingly, Shimon Peres (former Israeli President) has wanted to establish an international body representing the world’s major religions with Pope Francis as its leader! Peres states, “perhaps for the first time in history the Holy Father is a leader who’s respected, not just by a lot of people, but also by different religions and their representatives”. See: Pope Francis Picked to Lead One-World Religion
6. The name of the Antichrist will add up to 666 (Revelation 13:18), and so it is not unusual that the name of his future false prophet may also add up to 666. In Ordinal gematria (i.e. basic gematria where A=1, B=2, all the way up to Z=26), the name “Pope Francis” = 122. Both “Six hundred Sixty Six” and “Chi Xi Stigma” (Greek for Six Hundred Sixty Six) = 122 in the Ordinal gematria! Furthermore, the Pope’s title is Vicar of Christ (‘Vicarius Filii Dei’ in Latin) which also equates numerically to the number 666 (source)!
|Pope wearing the two horned mitre|
7. The false prophet has “two horns like a lamb” (Revelation 13:11). In the Bible, the Lamb represents Christ, the Lamb of God. The pope takes the title “Vicar of Christ” meaning he is presented as Christ on Earth, in his place. So he is literally the most famous man on earth to be “like a lamb,” or like THE lamb. In addition, the pope’s mitre literally has two horns. If you go to the Catholic Encyclopedia, they themselves call it a “two horned mitre!” Indeed, the pope is a like a lamb with two horns! (Note: This verse is clearly symbolic, although it’s interesting how it also fits the pope in a literal sense!)
8. The false prophet’s message is the message of the devil and Satan (Revelation 13:11). Even the media have picked up on the fact that Pope Francis talks a lot about Satan, the devil (see: Why is Pope Francis so obsessed with the devil?). Nonetheless, Pope Francis’ false doctrine, alone, makes it clear who he serves. Pope Francis declares Lucifer as God, declares having a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous, denies the existence of hell, claims atheists will go to heaven if they’re good people and that salvation is free, agrees with the evolution/Big Bang theory and rejects Creationism, sees nothing wrong with homosexuality… etc. All the greatest heresies and lies of Satan!
9. The false prophet will deceive many, even the elect (Matthew 24:24). Pope Francis speaks boldly against the Bible and the Catholic Faith almost every week without anyone to stop him! The silence of many proves that Pope Francis is the greatest false-prophet in the history of the Church.
10. The false prophet’s inward impression is fierce and dangerous (Revelation 13:11). Pope Francis has been known to attack anyone who opposes or dares voice disagreement with him. Just this year, the Vatican took new measures to punish critics of Pope Francis in a move that seems to belie the pope’s earlier calls for greater dialogue and debate within the Church. See: Vatican Cracks Down on Critics of Pope Francis
|Francis has “a fit of anger”|
The Vatican suspended historian Henry Sire after he was revealed to be the author of the bestselling book The Dictator Pope: The Inside Story of the Francis Papacy, a critical examination of the pontificate of Pope Francis. In it, Sire portrayed Francis as an authoritarian leader who does not brook opposition or criticism. Contrary to his public persona as a jovial man of the people, Sire wrote that Francis has turned out to be “a papal tyrant the like of whom has not been seen for many centuries” and under his administration, “the Vatican is systematically silencing, eliminating and replacing critics of the Pope’s views.” He declared:
“When the publicity cameras are off him, Pope Francis turns into a different figure: arrogant, dismissive of people, prodigal of bad language and notorious for furious outbursts of temper which are known to everyone from the cardinals to the chauffeurs,”
11. The false prophet will be a wolf in sheep’s clothing (Matthew 1:15). Interestingly, not only does this idiom describe Pope Francis perfectly, but so does its literal meaning. The Pope literally dresses in sheep’s clothing. He wears a “pallium” which is a shawl made out of Lamb’s wool raised by Trappist monks outside of Rome. It has embroidered on it the feet of lambs. No false prophet has ever worn such deceitful and expensive religious vestments. And, of course, he wears a white “dog collar” which is slang for a clerical collar and marks him as a wild dog – a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
12. The false prophet kills people who don’t follow the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15). Coincidently, Pope Francis is the first such pope in the history of the Roman Catholic Church to be a JESUIT! Who can cause more harm and martyrdom than a Jesuit pope? One of the main enforcers of the Roman Catholic Inquisitions were the Jesuits…
|Circa 1400, Heretics are tortured and nailed to wooden posts during the Roman Catholic Inquisition.|
Pope Francis has taken and administered this same Satanic Jesuit oath which includes the following appalling statements:
“I promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage war , secretly and openly, against all heretics and protestants as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex nor condition, and that I will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive those infamous heretics; rip open their stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race.”
13. The false prophet is an enemy of the state of Israel (Daniel 11:40-41). Like all popes before him, Pope Francis is absolutely an enemy of the state of Israel. The decision by Pope Francis and the Vatican to grant diplomatic recognition to the state of Palestine, and his rejection of the U.S. move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, attest to this.
|Pope Francis with Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas|
14. The false prophet intends to change times and law (Daniel 7:8; 20-22; 24-25). Pope Francis can modify divine law as he pleases.“. . . the pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God…” ! In Francis’ first year as Pope, various possible changes to Catholic doctrine were discussed around the Vatican:
- change to grant Communion to Catholic couples who are divorced and civilly remarried
- change to grant Communion to non-Catholics
- change to grant Church blessings to gay unions
15. The false prophet will influence the “kings of the earth” (Revelation 16:14; 18:3). Today, so many of the European Union’s political leaders are turning to Pope Francis (a religious figure!) for leadership and guidance. In an historic moment back in 2014, Pope Francis addressed the leaders of Europe, the European Parliament in Strasbourg!
Just this year, French President Emmanuel Macron held an “intense” meeting with Pope Francis, discussing global issues including the fate of migrants coming to Europe. See: France’s Macron and Pope Francis hold unusually long meeting
The very fact that this religious leader is able to influence the leaders of Europe in this way, helping to give them advice and exhortation, shows the great authority the Church has in the heights of power in Europe. No other religious leader has been given such a privilege as the papacy.
|Pope Francis meets with French President Emmanuel Macron at the Apostolic Palace on June 26,|
16. The ultimate source of the false prophet’s power is Satan (Revelation 13:2), so I expect the false prophet to be surrounded by religious and demonic symbolism. The religious and demonic symbolism around Pope Francis is very troubling:
|Lightning strikes Vatican hours after Pope resigns|
1) The way Pope Francis stepped onto the world stage was rather alarming. On Feb. 11, 2013, Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation, making him the first pontiff in 600 years to do so. Exactly 6 hours after the shocking announcement, lighting struck St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican not once..but TWICE. Just a coincidence?
Jesus saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning (Luke 10:18; Rev 12:9). Lightning can also be a token of God’s wrath (2 Sam 22:15; Job 28:26; 37:4; Psa 135:7; 144:6; Zech 9:14), representing God’s judgment on the world (Rev 20:9). Perhaps the Vatican lightning shot was a warning from God of events to come?
2) Pope Francis’ predecessor stepped down as Pope on February 28th, 2013. Then 13 days later, on 3/13/13 (make note of the number ’13’) at 7:06 pm (7+6 = 13) Rome time, Pope Francis was ‘selected’ as Pope at age 76 (7+6 = 13). He took on the Papal name of Francis (named after St Francis, a 13th Century saint) at 8:13 pm Rome time. Even adding the numbers in this election date (3/13/2013) = 3+1+3+2+0+1+3 = 13. Back in 1969, Pope Francis was ordained a priest, also on the 13th day of the month (13 December 1969).
In Revelation 13:18, the word “Six hundred Threescore and six” = 313 (Ordinal), and it’s in this 13th chapter we are given a detailed description of the false prophet. The number 13 is long associated with the Devil and is used throughout Satanism (commonly associated with ‘bad luck’)!
3) Evil groups such as the Illuminati and the Freemasons use various hand signals to show their allegiance to Satan, and Pope Francis has been flashing satanic hand signs for years now! Many times in public, during the course of his papacy, Francis has flashed the 666 hand signal, the satanic horned hand symbol, and the “hidden hand” masonic sign.
|Pope Francis flashes horned hand signs|
4) Twice, there has been a photo of Pope Francis having “horns” on his head on Time Magazine’s cover (see here and here). Were these deliberate? I don’t know.
Could Francis be the False Prophet?
The Bible makes clear that the man of lawlessness (a.k.a. the Antichrist) will not be revealed until the Restrainer (Holy Spirit-indwelt Church) is removed (2 Thessalonians 2:3; 7-8). Since the false prophet rises to power after the Antichrist (Revelation 13:11), no one will know for sure who the false prophet is until the rapture occurs. That being said, we can speculate, and it certainly looks like a possibility (especially given the shortness of time).
While I am not willing to state that he is THE false prophet, Pope Francis certainly seems to be a prototype. Thus, the point of this article is not to identify who the false prophet is, but to warn those here for tribulation. Also, whether Pope Francis is THE false prophet or not, Francis is certainly fulfilling his role as a false prophet and possibly paving the way for the final false prophet!
“For false messiahs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.” (Matthew 24:24; Mark 13:22)
See related article: Could Emmanuel Macron be the Antichrist?
As Christians, we won’t be here when the false prophet is revealed, so we don’t need to know who he is! But we DO need to know and understand the season in which we live. Jesus is coming…are you ready?