It feels like just yesterday my little ones had been tiny sufficient to match on my lap. It was such a valuable time. Our evening routine consisted of bath time and snuggles even though reading Bible stories with each other. They loved listening to me study about the adventures of King David, Esther, Noah, and Jonah. They would “ooh” and “aah” as they looked at the colorful photographs in their storybooks.
As they got older, they started to study major kid Bibles on their personal. The stories had been much more complicated and incorporated fewer photographs.
Then they reached the pre-teen years, and we transitioned to a complete-text Bible. It was thrilling at initially, but the little ones sooner or later lost interest in reading it. That is for the reason that it was as well grown-up. There was so substantially to study, and they didn’t know exactly where to get started. They also didn’t realize a lot of what they had been reading for the reason that they had no context for it.
I was disappointed.
The Bible is the greatest book ever written, and my little ones weren’t interested in it any longer. When I would’ve loved to sit down with each and every of them individually in the course of their devotion time to clarify each and every passage, I just couldn’t. As a busy mom of 3, I didn’t have the time or the power to do it. Plus, this was supposed to be the time that they’re developing their personal practice of Bible reading. I knew I couldn’t spoon feed them the Word of God forever.
The option to my trouble was obtaining the “right” Bible for my little ones. A single they could understand from and appreciate on their personal.
Superior news! I identified the Ultimate Bible for Girls to be a single of the finest Bibles out there for preteen girls ages eight via 12. In the very simple to study NIV version, it is packed with functions that support them realize themselves and scripture improved. It was what I necessary to support my daughter engage in scripture in a much more meaningful way.
Some of its functions include things like:
- Book Introductions – Discovered at the starting of each and every book of the Bible the introductions support little ones realize the who, what, when, and exactly where of each and every book.
- Dream Girl – This supplies context for quite a few of the sections. It aids young girls think about themselves in the story.
- Bring It On – This a single is a single of my individual favorites for the reason that it enables readers to take quizzes to get to know themselves improved. It reminds me of the Opt for Your Personal Adventure stories. Based on how the concerns are answered, your daughter will be directed to one more passage of scripture that enables her to dig deeper into truth.
- Is There a ____________ in You? – If your youngster thinks they have practically nothing in typical with their favourite Bible heroes, this section will surprise them with modern day day parallels that they will very easily recognize.
- Treasure This – This requires the guesswork out of what Bible verses are necessary in a specific segment of Scripture, the ones worth meditating on and memorizing.
- In Your Personal Words – This is like a mini-devotional. It recaps the story just study and prompts them to continue journaling about it in their personal words.
- Oh, I Get It! – This answers the silly concerns little ones like to ask.
What I like about this Bible is that just about every function supplies an interactive knowledge for my girl. It piques her curiosity and leads her much more deeply into truth as it point to God’s like. My daughter does not just like the excellent content material but the beautifully illustrated cover and interior graphics.
If your youngster is struggling with staying engaged in God’s Word, I encourage you to come across the finest-suited Bible for them as well.
* * *
Have you had struggles maintaining your little ones interest in Scripture as they got older? How have you attempted to make studying God’s word much more engaging for them? We’d like to hear your thoughts in the comments!
Take a appear inside…