“Easter eggs are a sign of new life and of Christ’s resurrection. The joy of Easter is a reminder of the joy we have now and often by way of Christ’s death and resurrection.” Milestones Moment Egg Blessing
Decorating Easter eggs and possessing an Easter egg hunt has been a entertaining tradition at this time of year for lots of a family members gathering. Recognizing God in this moment provides us a likelihood to inform the story of the resurrection. Identifying rituals and traditions we have all through the church year and embracing them as an chance to involve all ages in an intergenerational setting is a way to pass our faith from 1 generation to the subsequent.
Hosting a Blessed Egg Hunt
A church-organized Easter egg hunt is not new, neither is hosting an egg hunt at one’s household or at a neighborhood park. Combining the Christian message in a household organized Easter egg hunt is a very simple and powerful way of celebrating the message of Christ’s resurrection with family members, close friends, and neighbors.
Coloring eggs, hiding and discovering them, blessing them, and providing them to other folks is an chance for outreach. This activity can be hosted in a household or a neighborhood park.
Invite all ages to participate in the coloring of the eggs.
- Although coloring the eggs, speak about memories of Easter egg hunts and how Easter eggs remind us of the Easter story.
- Just after the eggs are colored, take time to inform the Easter story employing a children’s Bible or by employing . These eggs present a great hands-on way to involve all the ages in the telling of the story.
- Supply coloring pages, story books, or story cubes to retain younger youngsters occupied.
- Have an egg hunt for the younger youngsters. Hide plastic eggs with a piece of candy and a Bible verse inside every egg.
- Just after the egg hunt, collect to bless the colored eggs and say a prayer. Then invite the adults and the youngsters to assistance location a colored egg, a plastic egg, and some candy in tiny bags. Tie a decorative ribbon about the bag.
- Invite parents, grandparents, youngsters, and other folks to take 1 or two bags and provide them to either a individual who is homebound, a neighborhood senior residence, or a neighbor.
Easter Egg Blessing in the Dwelling
The Easter Egg Blessing Milestone Moment can be downloaded and placed in a gallon size plastic bag along with an egg coloring kit. Make these bags readily available for households to do this activity in their household with family members and close friends. As a comply with-up, ask them to take images and share the stories about how this was accomplished in their household and location stories and images on Facebook pages and in the newsletter.
~pictures courtesy Very first Presbyterian, Cumberland, Maryland
As Co-Director at Milestones Ministry Debbie Streicher has helped congregations across the nation create faith formation applications for all ages in the congregational setting for just about 30 years. Her background is in teaching language. Coupled with her passion for family members ministry, Debbie makes use of her information and expertise discovered from teaching foreign languages to assistance parents, grandparents, and other adults comprehend the value of day-to-day immersion in the language of faith. Debbie’s vision is to involve all ages in faith formation, strengthen family members relationships by way of Spiritual development, and empower God-offered gifts to do ministry.