We’re at the moment searching for function articles to match the theme of self definitions for an upcoming problem of Christ and Pop Culture Magazine.
Pitches should have a sturdy pop culture emphasis. Think about establishing your post about Television shows, films, books, songs, events, trends, and habits that inform us some thing about the intersection of self definitions and faith.
We spend $75 for every magazine function accepted and published. Send a a single-paragraph pitch by noon Monday, April 15, to Erin Straza. See added pitch particulars beneath. Please retain in thoughts that we are unable to respond to all pitches. If we decide on your post, a complete draft of your post will be due by noon Monday, May well six. You will also will need to be obtainable for revisions for the duration of the following week just after submission.
Building Your Pitch:
- Be certain your post pitch has a sturdy pop culture framework.
- Do not send a complete post for your pitch we will not have the time to study unsolicited pieces.
- Maintain your pitch to a single paragraph. Incorporate a thesis and some suggestions about how you will create your thesis all through the piece.
- Maintain our audience in thoughts. We concentrate on pop culture from a Christian viewpoint. We suggest reading a handful of of the magazine attributes we’ve published in the previous to get a sense of the sorts of articles we run.
- Consider cultural evaluation rather than devotional or initially-individual narratives.
- Incorporate a two-sentence bio to enable us realize why you would be certified to create on this subject.
- Incorporate hyperlinks to two or 3 articles that you have published, even if it is your personal weblog (but preferably at other publications).
- The completed post must be some thing additional than just a extended weblog post. We’re searching for magazine-style, insightful, detailed, original, effectively-crafted pieces.
- Pieces must be among 1,500–3,000 words.