This conversation was recorded in their hotel space at the American Academy of Religion. Their space might or might not have had a bunch of crystals surrounding a giant collection of analytic theology texts.
In this podcast we discuss….
– the day David convinced Travis the bodily resurrection wasn’t required
– dialectical theology’s partnership to theological tradition
– what does the term “event” imply for DT?
– humans are messed up and are not the remedy of our issue
– the kenosis of the patriarchy
– theology for the religiously unaffiliated
– sadly Travis has no inner-life
– how Badiou ought to relate to Theology… a theology of the trace
– what tends to make an occasion christian
– the contrast among dialectical theology and salvation history
– tripp gets upset about theology with no existential register
– David is not pleased about St. Andrews, analytical theology, or NT Wright’s historical self-assurance
– analytical investigations of Kierkegaard are not cool
– carrying out historical investigations does not lead to the existential encounter of faith
– the have to have to embrace the secularity of faith
A Dialectical Theology Reading List