It is not uncomplicated to hold going when you are tired. Fatigue zaps us of our strength. Weariness wears on your soul like a rung-out dish cloth. How do you hold going when you are all out of “go?” What’s the secret sauce to finding your spiritual fervor back?
I assume it is diverse for everyone. You and God are the only ones who know specifically what you have gone by means of and what you are presently going by means of. Even the persons going by means of issues with you do not totally recognize since they are not you. They do not have your viewpoint, history, and so forth. Your perception and experiences are special to you.
But let me provide you 5 powerful methods to worship when you are weary. These are not magic bullets, but they do operate if you operate them. Why? Because…
Worship is a weapon.
Worship does spiritual warfare.
Worship is a nuisance to the enemy.
Worship is not just about God. It is about you. It centers you. It modifications your attitude. It awakens you. It stirs up the Holy Spirit inside of you. It tends to make you far more conscious of God’s effective presence.
- Hold out your hands. I do not know about you, but often I have to have a physical action to show my inward reality. My tendency to clench, clamp down, and handle sends me into a posture of tight-fistedness. Alternatively of white-knuckling it, open up your hands. Stretch your hands out 1st point in the morning and give God complete access to your life and heart. This outward action will remind you of your inward, spiritual posture. Breathe in and out as you hold out your hands and release the tension.
- Listen and soak up worship music.I have a “personal soak” playlist of my favored worship songs on Spotify. That is specifically what I do with it. I sit and soak. I do not do significantly though I’m listening to it. I sip on my coffee and breathe though the words and music are sung more than me. These songs remind me of God’s correct, steady character. If you like to sing, sing along – by all signifies. Soak your soul in the Spirit. There’s lots of good worship music out there. Make your personal list and soak each day. If you have to have a good album to get started with, verify out The Belonging Co: Cover The Earth album. It is so excellent.
- Be nonetheless.This is easy sufficient, but I’m amazed at how quite a few instances I attain for my telephone, social media, or some other distraction. Say no to distraction and set a timer to be nonetheless. Listen to oneself breathe in and out. Be reminded that God is on the throne, and your each breath comes from Him. In the course of this time, if you hear God whisper anything, create it down. If you do get distracted and assume of anything you have to have to do later in the day, create it down swiftly. Then get back to getting nonetheless. I actually set a timer since otherwise I’ll just “Squirrel!” my way into some sort of activity.
- Declare the goodness of God out loud.Possibly you have heard this saying, “Don’t inform God about your issues. Inform your issues about your God.” I like that. It sounds like good mumbo-jumbo, but it is good wisdom. We can concentrate on our difficulty, or we can concentrate on the energy, strength, could, and compassion of God that empowers us to get by means ofour difficulty.
From time to time our bodies neglect how excellent God is.
When I was at a women’s retreat a handful of months ago, I woke up with serious abdominal discomfort. In that moment I heard God nudge me to play worship music more than my stomach to truly press my telephone into my abdomen. “Tell your pancreas that I am excellent.” What a strange nudge. So I did it, and 20 minutes later, my discomfort stopped. If you do not know exactly where to get started in proclaiming the goodness of God, choose a Psalm and get started there. Psalm 27, 91, 97 or 103 are good for declaring His goodness.
- Study a excellent Jesus-filled book.Definitely study the Bible, but do not really feel guilty if you have to have anything in addition to propel you by means of your weariness. Obtain anything fascinating that will increase and energize your spirit. Obtain a truth-packed book that refuels you. Make certain it is enjoyable.
What ever season you are in, I pray your soul gets rest and refreshment along the way. I challenge you to worship your way by means of each circumstance. It will lift your viewpoint and give you joy.
Rachel is a Singer/Songwriter/Speaker living in Nashville, TN. She ignites fresh faith by means of music, speaking, writing, and laughter. Her journey by means of years of chronic illness has deepened her faith, music, and messages. Rachel lives with her husband Derek, and their favored old dog, Joey Smiley Wiggle Socks.