Faith to Action Initiative, A Project of Tides Center
Certified applicants could submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by January 25, 2019
Job Title: Director of Engagement
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Variety: $75,000 (with added benefits)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Engagement operates collaboratively with and in assistance of the Faith to Action Initiative’s (hereinafter “F2A”) Executive Director to create and refine outreach tactic.
The Director of Engagement is an exempt position. Exempt personnel are anticipated to function the proper and required time in order to total crucial assignments and connected tasks on schedule.
Vital DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Market superior practice in care for vulnerable young children amongst U.S. Christian leadership (e.g., churches and denominations, faith-primarily based organizations, universities, missions agencies), via outreach (e.g., on-line and in-individual presentations, e mail, mailings, telephone, in-individual meetings, other).
- Continually create, program, facilitate, implement and refine numerous inventive techniques to introduce F2A and our sources to far more churches, faith-primarily based organizations, donors, and universities at the moment responding to the requires of vulnerable young children or interested in performing so.
- Operate collaboratively with group to advance and refine F2A’s engagement with and advocacy to crucial faith audiences.
- Analysis and determine receptive audiences and create techniques to make meaningful initial contacts with them.
- Guide crucial contacts in transitioning their efforts to superior assistance household-primarily based care for OVC.
- Respond to inquiries received via e mail, social media, referrals, in-individual contacts at conferences, and via on-line advertising and marketing campaigns, direct outreach, and mailing.
- Document exemplary OVC ministries and responses to function in F2A podcasts, stories and other platforms.
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation for outreach efforts.
- Prepare reports for LC and donors on outreach in conjunction with F2A group.
- Track dissemination and use of F2A supplies and exactly where doable, how these publications and tools are becoming made use of, by whom (e.g., pastors, mission groups, youth), and with what outcome.
- Should be capable to travel – up to 20% – to attend conferences, group organizing meetings, and other events and should be capable to travel by automobile, bus, train, and airplane.
- Evening and weekend hours will be necessary from time to time.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other responsibilities will be created in conjunction strategic organizing with the Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND Encounter:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent job connected practical experience is necessary.
- At least three years of conducting outreach to men and women and groups practical experience functioning or volunteering with church and missions leadership is perfect.
- At least five years practical experience in writing content material for different purposes and audiences (e.g., funder reporting, public outreach to and correspondence with various target groups and men and women).
Know-how, Expertise AND Skills:
- Fantastic relational expertise comfy in church circles capable to rapidly establish rapport and develop trust in individual relationships.
- Skilled coordinator of events and projects—detail-oriented and capable to motivate.
- Agreement with the Faith to Action’s Guiding Principles for household care.
- Potential to function collaboratively with various members of the core group accountable for F2A’s ambitions and activities.
- Robust credibility, transparent, integrity and stick to via, and self-directed.
- Know-how of youngster wellbeing and principles, internationally informed suggestions for “better care” for vulnerable young children (specifically with respect to institutional vs. household care) and deep understanding of significance of household, household strengthening.
- Know-how of crucial troubles in faith-primarily based engagement in OVC care globally, in alignment with a Christian faith point of view, but capable to function in each faith-primarily based and non-faith primarily based contexts.
- A persuasive communicator with robust written and verbal communication expertise.
- Potential to create from a Christian point of view for a Christian audience.
- Professionalism and a commitment to the highest ethical requirements.
- Potential to function from house and present self-path and self-management.
The Director of Engagement interacts most regularly with the Executive Director, Project Manager, the F2A Leadership Council and Advisory Network, pastors and other church leadership, faith-primarily based organizational leadership, and Christian university professors and employees.
Though performing the duties of this job, the Director of Engagement is routinely necessary to sit, stand, stroll, speak and hear. The position calls for substantial computer system use so the employee should have adequate hand dexterity to use a computer system keyboard and be capable of reading a computer system screen. The employee should sometimes lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The position is primarily based in a house workplace setting. The individual should present his or her personal computer system. Though on travel, the individual will most regularly function from hotel rooms, conference centers, and airports.