Becoming a Man: 11 Queries for Christian Guys from Mark Batterson’s ‘Play the Man’
“I imply to make myself a man, and if I succeed in that, I shall succeed in every little thing else.” – James A. Garfield
How do you grow to be a man?
More than the weekend I study Play the Man by Mark Batterson. It is quite effortless to study and explores what a man of God appears like and supplies guidance for fathers as they assist their sons grow to be males.
Batterson helpfully shares how he sought to lead his sons in a ‘Year of Discipleship’ with physical, spiritual and mental challenges. The year culminated in a rite of passage and as a father of two young sons, this book and these practices left me with a lot to believe about.
All through the
- Is my version of Christianity worth dying for?
- What are my sin triggers?
- Who am I prepared to offend?
- Who do I require to goad and who have I licensed to goad me?
- How can I be additional childlike?
- How can I be much less childish?
- What will my children keep in mind from their childhood?
- What boundaries do I require to place in spot to defend myself, my marriage and my family members?
- What choices against myself do I require to make?
- What am I tolerating?
- Who are my pacemakers and who am I pacing?
I also appreciated this reminder:
“You’ll by no means be a great parent but you can be a praying parent.” – Mark Batterson