By AJ ~
I have asked,
- “Is it achievable to be a spiritual individual without the need of becoming a religious individual?,”
- “Is it conceivable to be a spiritual individual and not belong to an organized religion?,” and
- “Can a individual be spiritual and at the similar time be an atheist?”
I submit that the answers to all of these queries are yes.
The answers are yes if we acknowledge that religion is man-created and spirituality is nature-created.
George Vaillant declared that,
“religion arises from culture spirituality arises from biology.” (2008)
Spirituality invites us to turn out to be awakened to ourselves and to the globe about us. I keep that every single 1 of us has a life encapsulated in Nature, human nature, and our personal nature. I announce that this awakening can occur without the need of adhering to any religion. I recognize that for some spirituality can consist of religion, but it does not have to. Seriously, to be a spiritual individual does not demand a belief in a God. I view spirituality from the following two perspectives:
- Geistlich – spiritual matters with a religious view and God is portion of spirituality. From the religious view our search is strongly guided from the outdoors by dogma, or
- Geistig – spiritual matters without the need of a religious view exactly where the Self is the bases of spirituality. From this view the awakening is a self-search of experiences strongly guided from the inside.
I worth the following quote by Paul Bjorklund saying,
“spirituality is an inviting word when it is understood. It invites us to uncover our globe of values and beliefs.” (1983)
What do you believe?