It is back to rainbows for the theme of this St. Patrick’s game, which will teach students about God’s gifts to us as they attempt to gather the colors of the rainbow. They’ll also understand about ROYGBIV, the word containing the very first letter of all the colors in the rainbow.
- 3 or 4 pieces of card stock paper
Possess two copies of the rainbow-colour letters very first.
- Making use of the card stock paper, reduce out 28 squares that are all of the exact same size. The acronym ROYGBIV (also remembered as Roy G. Biv) consists of the letters that get started each and every colour that is located in a rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. Create one particular letter on each and every square and repeat 4 occasions so you have 4 copies of each and every word.
- Shuffle the cards and lay them on the table in 4 rows of seven.
- Create out the acronym ROYGBIV.
There are a handful of prominent symbols that represent Saint Patrick’s Day. A single is the rainbow! Rainbows are so delicate and gorgeous and if we seriously appear at them, we’ll see a message from God. Now we’re going to play a game exactly where we will be generating our personal rainbows!
- Show students the acronym and lay it on the table exactly where students can refer to it.
- Make two teams of equal capability and have them sit across from each and every other at the table. Lay the acronym sideways among the teams so neither has a greater view.
- When you say “Go!” the very first group will flip more than two cards seeking for a match of letter colors.
- If they uncover two of the exact same letter, they will pull them off the playing region. If they are not the exact same, they will flip them back more than and leave them alone.
- The very first group to get a pair of the ROYGBIV colour letters wins.
- Repeat soon after switching up group members
Occasionally God’s messages to us are not straightforward to see or hear. St. Patrick employed the rainbow to teach about watching for indicators from God that will bring us into his goodness. Just like we have been vigilant in the game to uncover the matches, let’s be constantly on the lookout for God’s directions to us.